Thursday, October 09, 2008

Upgrading From ASP.Net MVC Preview 3 to Preview 5

As you know, ASP.net MVC Preview 5 is on the streets.

Busy using Preview 3 to produce awesome web applications, I missed the upgrade to Preview 4.

I am upgrading two big MVC application built on Preview 3.  Here are the issues I found:

Html.ActionLink() Behavior Changed
  1. On This ActionLink and Preview5 Forum Post I found a Solution
  2. The fix is to change this:
     Html.ActionLink("Title", "Action", "Controller", new { id = this.ObjectID } );
to this:
     Html.ActionLink("Title", "Action", "Controller", new { id = this.ObjectID }, null );


Html.Hidden() Behavior Changed
  1. On this MVC UI Helper Article I thought I found a Solution, but no such luck
  2. My fix was to change this:
   Html.Hidden("ReviewId", this.ID);
to this
   Html.Hidden("ReviewId", this.ID.ToString());


No comments: