Thursday, November 22, 2012

iPhone and iPad Debugging for Star Traders RPG

I was working on device compatibility between various iPhone devices and was having trouble clearing out a particular configuration so I could test. I was using the iPhone Simulator and was just about to pull out my hair until I found this simple solution:


I was having this weird MP3 playing error on my iPod that was inconsistent and eventually just stopped appearing:

The error was "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -50.)"


I found out if you pop a modal dialog over an OpenGL view in Cocos2d without saying YES to animated you will get crazy errors:

The error was "OpenGL error 0x0506 in -[EAGLView swapBuffers]" and the screen just wouldn't update correctly
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/20318


I also found some issues with different iPhone devices related to the Cocos2d "Animation Started" property and had to work around some odd issues with the Cocos2d template project...

The error message was "displayLink must be nil. Calling startAnimation twice?"
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/7326

No comments: