Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Stetic, GTK# and GladeStub

Rafael Ferreira created a tool, which he describes on "Mono-List" as follows:



After talking about this little tool I had written on #mono the other
day I decided to package it up and put it out for anyone else that might
find it useful.

gladestub.exe is a very simple glade xml parser that generates a .cs
file with all of the widgets and signals ready for use.

Some shortcomings include (but are not limited to):
* not able to parse thought a glade file with multiple widget-roots.
* the generated code is kinda plain
* There's only 1 template to use - this could be easily extended
* Overwrites the .cs file every time it is run
* other stuff I can't think of right now.

Of course, this works for me (tm), your mileage may vary... and please
email me any questions/comments.

- Rafael

download it here:

http://ophion.org/~rafael/static/download/GladeStub.tar.bz2




It really is a nice tool, I must agree. Combined with Stetic, a IDE-like Designer for the GTK# toolkit this generator allows RAD using C#, Stetic, and in my case, MonoDevelop.

No comments: